Thursday, 4 April 2013

Bath Time

There are shower people and bath people. I am a shower person. So the point of this post? Well when I do have a bath, which is like once per semester when I go back to my essex abode, I have the ultimate bath - for me anyway. This is how I do it.



When I have a bath I personally do not like to be overwhelmed with bubbles, mainly because when I get out the bath I'm still basically covered in soap and my skin feels drier than desired.

I tend to use 2-3 bath products depending of the level of luxury I feel I deserve:

1) Bath bomb
2) Bath Oil or a favourite Shower Cream
3) Shea Body Butter


The bath bomb I used today is the Lush Butterball bomb (£2.45). When I buy a lush bath bomb it is totally on a whim. I have no favourites so it depends on what I fancy in terms of scent and purpose. The butterball is a classic with chunks of cocoa butter and the sweet smell of vanilla, its a dry-skin curer. The cocoa butter bits melt and infuse the bath with almost an oil ensuring skin is soft all over.


If my skin is especially dry or I want some added fragrance I add some bath oil - usually The Body Shop Monoi Miracle Oil (£10) which has a delightful fresh scent of monoi flower with a note of coconut too. Virgin coconut oil within this "spa" treatment means the oil is taken from the first press of the coconut. This gives it the strength in smell and softening ability.
Otherwise I trickle in some of The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Shower Cream (£4) - which creates some bubbles too.

Finally, a scoop of The Body Shop Shea Body Butter (£5 for 50ml or £13 for 200ml) is thrown in. No I'm not mixing a weird elixir. One of the stories the Bullring's fantastic Assistant Manager Terry told me, was that once Anita Roddick developed this body butter she used to scoop into her bath some body butter. She'd rub it into her skin before it melted away to keep the skin ultra velvety smooth and supple. Reapply onto the skin after the bath too if you want!
It is lovely guys. I mean YES there will be some floating bits of cream in your bath but its lovely to rub into your shoulders and legs whilst having a soak. ACTIVITIES!

For me personally, I love it.

 

The Body Shop Shea body butter is infused with not only Shea butter but Cocoa butter too both of which are Community Fair Trade and makes the butter consistently firm but creamy. Cocoa Butter is great because it melts at skin temperature, so it can be easily massaged onto skin. You'll find there is no need to keep rubbing it in. Cocoa helps even out skin tone too. Making it a lovely product for pregnant women as well as dry skin fighters who aim to get their skin looking gloriously healthy and hydrated.

Have a bath, I reckon you deserve it!
love
georgia

xx



17 comments:

  1. Body shop is my favorite for bath products!
    Love your blog and thank you for following.
    You've gained a new follower! :)
    Hope you're well. X

    www.maiamaritzagray.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the body shop !
    maybe you would like to follow each other?
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a nice blog , if you want let's follow each other . Let me know : http://nicoraulea.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving all this stuff!!!
    hope you will visit me too xx
    http://stylishlifeby.blogspot.co.uk
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So for showers too, baths are fun for the first 5 minutes, maybe I need a bath bomb to combat the boredom. I love coco butter too, it is the best moisturiser. I hope you enjoyed your bath!

    E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! And thanks I felt like I earnt it - set the laptop up somewhere and watch something short too :) anything too long and I end up like a prune! x

      Delete
  6. It's so great! Nice post, I like it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tried body butter in the bath... will do now!!

    follow for follow?
    http://graciiousme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I have to admit I love my baths! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post and Lush has great products! I'm a new follower. Hope you will follow back!

    Thanks,
    Gina

    http://www.lipglossonmylatte.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had never thought of putting body butter into my bath?! Like you Im normally a shower person but I do enjoy an occasional bath (especially on the colder nights!) I will definately be trying body butter in the bath now!

    Im loving your blog's will definately be following you :D

    Emily
    http://bambisbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thanks hun! yea if you have quite a firm, thick body butter it goes in the bath quite well! x

      Delete