Friday, 3 May 2013

April Favourites 2013

Hello readers!
Hope everyone had a lovely April and I'm sorry this is a little bit late but IT'S FAVOURITES TIMES!

Finals are upon us - well they definitely are for me.. so these are the beauty products I have been using everyday or consistently reaching for. Sorry if they do not seem like anything special but hidey-ho I have been enjoying these bad boys.


I know these products are more to the high-end of the spectrum but when it comes to getting a good base it seems I can only get the 100% perfect match using more high-end brands (waiting patiently to be proved wrong though). 
Please leave me recommendations because I love trying out your guys' BEST BUYS!

I love this flat topped synthetic brush - evidently from the fact I have and use two! I use one to buff in my liquid foundation and the second one to buff in mineral foundation or set my make-up with powder. 
Basically one for a dry base, one for a wet base. 
These are great because they are so soft and for £3.75 they do as good a job as any high-end brush! This has gone up in price but STILL A STEAL.




Although this has gone up in price in recent years I have had this in my collection for quite some time. In fact it was my first "contour" product. Its matte and very natural on my skin rather than being too orange. Great for adding a nice definition to the face and great for contouring the nose!


3. Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Moisturiser £4.99
This smells INCREDIBLE! And the most refreshing thing for my combination skin after a long day. Its oil free so does not clog pores or feel too heavy once rubbed in. This is also an empty and I think I will repurchase it because it will be lovely for the summer. Just give it a smell !


Another repurchase hence why I have two! I finished the one this morning in fact. Now this foundation is just superb in terms of coverage, oil control and colour match. It smells nice and I find I do not need loads to get my desired finish. I tend to apply it with my ELF Studio Powder brush or simply use my fingers and concentrate the products on problem areas then blend out. 


After setting my foundation I apply this light reflecting concealer under my eyes, on top of my cheek bones and along the bridge of my nose. I though 01 would be the lightest shade but do not be deceived - the 01 is a very pinky orangey shade perfect for the blue-ness around and under my eyes. It counteracts my dark circles and the light reflecting pigments adds a subtle highlight. Go in store for a colour match - wake up must-have!



The blogger world has gone crazy for this and the translucent shade means anybody can set their make-up without that cakey, chalky finish. Cheap and cheerful. I can see why its so easy to reach for!

7. Nars Illuminator in Orgasm
This is only a sample that I got in a Nars order but I'm having serious thoughts about purchasing a full-sized bottle. To be fair though this sample has gone a LONG way. The smallest blog can be blended out to add not only shimmer and glow to the complexion but the peachy/rosey/goldy tone to the product adds a lovely warm sheen and sun-kissed highlight.


Please excuse the chips in the photo guys, I have been wearing this nail polish all week but did not take a photo sooner! Its a great polish which has not chipped very much considering the lengthy period I have had this on for. The colour is a corally orange that is not too neon. Perfect for summer - I'll be reaching for this A LOT




One of the newer shades to the Revlon Lip Butter family - I adore this orangey red tone that is appearing on the high street lately. Similar to all the butters this is moisturising, the colour build-able and it doesn't dry out my lips as the day goes on. Had this in my pocket all month!



So there you have it guys my beauty favourites of April. Clearly I am ready for summer but will earn a nice shopping haul if these exams go to plan.


Anyone else got summer make-up on the mind? Leave me some of your favourites!

Love G xx

3 comments:

  1. Great favourites - that ELF brush is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I recently bought a few products from elf love them! Let me know if you want to follow each other http://allinasoiree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NARS, I wish I could own every NARS product there is. Lol. I didn't know the ELF brushes were good, so thanks for the heads up!

    I just started blogging and I wish you could help out a fellow blogger :) http://isabellezza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete