Wednesday, 29 May 2013

& Other Stories Plush Earth

Hi Everyone!

This post is so late seeing as I went to &otherstories in April and am only just reviewing this beautiful everyday eyeshadow palette in "Plush Earth." A combination of neutral shimmers with a beautiful iridescent gold-white highlight, earthy golds and a deep warm brown. 

WARNING: eyebrows had not been suitably shaped and plucked in these photos!


This is a look I produced for a night out following the end of my exams using the Plush Earth Palette. I first used the Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze as a base. I pushed the lightest colour all over the lid concentrating on the inner eye area to open up my tired eyes. I pushed the lighter gold on the outer two-thirds of the eye and smoked the whole look out using the darker two colours blending well as I go. I reapplied the gold to the centre of my lid to brighten the eyes further and dusted the lightest colour on my brow bone. Lining with some liquid goodness and lashings of mascara completed this simple smokey look. I also replicated the colours along the lower lash line. I was trying to achieve the perfectly imperfect look and found that we shouldn't be scared of taking the product far down under our eyes as long as we don't make the eyes look smaller.






This palette costs a reasonable £12 and the colours last longest when using a base. For a more grungey look smudge a black eyeliner on the lid as a base. The shadows are pigmented and I do not get a lot of fall down when using them. They blend together beautifully and the shimmer is not chunky with glitter meaning that one colour can be used as a wash across the lid in the day.


without flash.


with flash.



This palette would suit so many skin tones and is genuinely "plush earth" in tones and pigments. The &otherstories palettes come in an array of colours from pinks, purples, greys and brights so I totally recommend checking out their beauty range. The blushers are also AMAZING.

Any other eye shadows I have truly been missing out on?
What &otherstories products/clothes have you guys tried?
Oh and by the way I would love for you all to follow me on Bloglovin by clicking the button on the right of my blog as googlefollower I hear is soon to bite the dust! :)

Love G x

3 comments:

  1. I love &OtherStories! This product is gorgeous on you, the colours really suit your skin tone
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lovely! I love the store too its one of those places that a lot of money could be spent in a short period of time! x

      Delete