1. Sleek Storm Palette - Now I know this has been a must-have for so long and rightly so, because it never fails to create different looks for all skin types. I'm particularly in love with the matte colours at the moment especially the matte dark brown which has a significant dent in it. A true black is definitely always handy in a palette too to get the most dramatic of smokey eyes!
Sleek is currently 3 for 2 in Superdrug and I guarantee everyone can use each and every of the 12 eyeshadows. PROMISE
2. Nars Laguna Bronzer - It is that time of year again - bronze bronze bronze but sometimes less is more and I find that Laguna is the perfect bronzer to create shape, definition and contour to the face without too much orange or shimmer. Gorgeous for a natural bronze effect and I love using this to shape the nose. Please guys, whatever bronzer you use do not forget to take it down onto the jawline and neck for a complete look.
3. Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow in 25 - Now this product is hard to come by in the UK, so look out for its individual review coming soon. My cousin managed to purchase this for me from Sephora when she visited the great NYC. I love this formulation, unlike any other brow product I've seen before. It is a gel formulation. I squeeze a tiny amount onto the back of my hand and using an angled brush apply the gel into my brows alike to a powder. It is waterproof and sets quickly. This colour is perfect for my brows and leaves a natural finish I find.
Left to Right: No 7 Lip Pencil in Caramel, The Body Shop Lip Colour in 42, Estee Lauder Pure Colour Lipgloss in Simply Pink Shine, Mac Eyeshadow in Woodwinked, Benefit Bad Gal Smouldering Black Eye Pencil.
4. No 7 Lip Pencil in Caramel - This neutral lip crayon is a dark pinky colour which is quite natural on top of my natural lip pigmentation. The pencil is retractable making it so easy to use and transport. I find that it is a great base with the lipstick I've been loving this month and goes greatly with most nudes, pinks and browns. Try it out and see if you see the same necessity I do.
5. The Body Shop Lipstick in 42 (Dusk Pink) - This is my perfect nude and I've nearly finished this bullet up. This nude is quite pinky and the lipstick itself is infused with Marula Oil (Community Fair Traded) meaning that this lippie does not dry out the lips.
6. Estee Lauder Pure Colour Lip Gloss in Simply Pink - So I'm not the biggest lipgloss fan because my hair always gets stuck in it and eurgh it's always a catastrophe but this gorgeous lipgloss smells amazing and is so pigmented its like a high shine lipstick. I find the if I blob the majority of product on the wand on the centre of my lips and blend out, the stickiness is diffused and the colour is not lost.
7. Mac Eyeshadow in Woodwinked - One thing I know that me and Tanya Burr have in common is the love of this Mac eyeshadow. This was my first ever Mac eyeshadow back in the day. Beautiful for a wash of colour when I cannot be bothered but also beautiful blended with other dark browns, and greens for a summery look. Gorgeous and a lovely shimmer eye product. Yes, you may be wondering why buy this £12 eyeshadow when the Storm palette has a gorgeous dupe in it plus 11 more colours for half the price? Well my love of Woodwinked is drawn from its longevity without a base and how no glitter chunks are within Woodwinked - its a little luxury with a long life in my make-up bag.
8. Benefit Bad Gal Eyeliner Pencil - This pencil is definitely an oldie! I rediscovered it when I couldn't find any of my other black kohl pencils - what are the chances? I fell back in love for this as a base smudged over my eye lid to establish the first layer of my staple smokey eye look. Creates drama and is pretty dang long-wearing. I think this is not longer available because Benefit have stepped up their game with a waterproof version which is totally on my wish list!
Link your favourites below as I love reading your blogs and any recommendations you guys have for June! Boy June has come round quickly! Enjoy it guys!
Love G
x


No comments:
Post a Comment