Firstly I bought an array of lipsticks.
1. Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in 110 - a gorgeous spring/summer colour that makes the lips look delicious. It is a bright pink tone lip
2. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 477 Black Cherry - This is a cool tone vampy red with purply undertones. I love this colour in the evenings as I wear brights frequently during the day so this definitely mixes up my look. The best way to apply this is firstly with a brush, then dab off with tissue and then go straight in with the bullet. I find this gives a longer lasting look.
3. Revlon Super Lustrous in 830 Rich Girl Red - This is the colour I ended up wearing to gradball! One of Revlon's newest colours. I love this colour because of its reddy brick colour without being too bright! I felt bright true reds would require a lot of topping off but where this orangey lipstick sits quite neutrally on my lip I found it easy to wear.
4. Maybelline Vivids Collection Lipstick in 916 Neon Red - The word Neon instantly made me pick this up because I love a bright, electric red. The luminosity of this tomato-red makes it a fun day time colour as well as an evening bright. I adore the formulation of this collection as it glides on and doesn't dry out my lips. at. all.
without flash
with flash
5. Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Eternal Pink - I was looking for a base that would be long lasting but not break the bank - easily enough the Maybelline Colour Tattoos trump Mac Paintpots and Estee Lauder Long Lasting Cream eyeshadows in this situation. This gorgeous rose pink colour brightens my eyes and ensures any eyeshadows I use on top have great longevity.
with flash
withoutflash
6. Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray - I've had my eye on this for a while as I have a combination skin I always find after 5 hours my concealer starts to wear away and my foundation starts to slip. This setting spray which you either spray after you've finished your make-up or sandwich your makeup between two lots of spray actually lowers the temperature of the make-up you've applied preventing slipping. It worked! For my skin type this was perfect and I'm so happy!!
7. Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector in Dark Peach - Topping up my favourite corrector which I apply directly onto bags and also my hyper pigmentation as it perfectly counteracts the blue undertones to my asian skin.
8. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 35 - Another top-up of my adored high street concealer - this thick but not cakey finish means I can hide my imperfections with a seamless finish (in my opinion of course guys)
9. Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara in Black - I received a boots voucher to get this mascara for £2 instead of the £6.29 I actually would happily pay. The wand of this mascara is fantastic. The big side gives long lasting lift to my lashes and elongates them. The flatter side is perfect for catching every single lash on my lower lash line. So easy to use and leave my lashes exactly how I want them. The first time I've used a mascara from this Boots own brand which I may have to loan a little more credit to now. What are your guys' picks?
10. Maybelline Gel Eyeliner in Black - My Sleek gel liner has dried up to a rock making a new gel liner necessary. These are a lot of more long lasting I find than liquid as the gel sets. This one is gorgeous as it glides on easily and event the brush that comes with it is a useful tool. I found I did not even have to go over it again as this gel liner is true black and evenly applies.
11. MUA Undress Me Too Palette - Okay guys so there was no need for me to buy another set of neutral eyeshadow but WANT over NEED conquers sometimes. This gorgeous array of mattes and shimmers allows for different looks to be created and I found they blended easily over my Colour Tattoo.
12. TRESemmé Keratin Spray - I was in dire need of a new hair protectant and was originally going to grab a L'Oreal one as I had heard great reviews but this was on offer and offers smoothing effects for my dry hair. For gradball I knew the use of blow dryers, tongs and straighteners were inevitable so I opted for this great smelling product that does actually leave my hair protected and soft even after styling.
13. Zara Clutch bag - This oversized clutch was mine the moment I saw it - the nude colour is the main colour making this wearabe with basically every outfit. It has a black flap that buttons down and then there is a separate neon yellow zip that unveils the main section of the clutch bag. In the main area there are two compartments perfect for slotting in my phone or bank cards - however this bag is big enough to hold my whole purse too.
My time as a student is ending I have officially moved back to Essex and I'm officially a graduate in BSc Economics from the University of Birmingham. Look forward to my ways of saving and my best steals as my lack of employment means controlled buying is NEEDED.
Leave your opinions and what you want to see below guys!
Thank you to all who take the time to read and look at my posts I truly appreciate it !
LOVE G x







I really like the Maybelline's Eternal Pink... Aaahh be we don't have it here in Malaysia... :(
ReplyDelete