Now I have not written a favourites for the month of July as I used products I've already shown you or nothing at all as its been so hot in the UK. The day before yesterday I got back from Normandy, France so thought I'd show you a few things I picked up!
I am in awe every time I walk in to a french pharmacy as products that we long to have in the UK such as Caudalie and Bioderma are on every gorgeous french corner much like a boulangerie. Skincare and croissants please!
Before I even got to France on the ferry I bumped into my good friend - Mr Duty Free. Everybody was spritzing everything so I grabbed something quick mascara.
The travel boxes meant that I picked up 3 Maybelline The Rocket Mascaras - they came to £13.50 but were 20% off and P&O Ferries gave us a couple £10 off vouchers meaning I paid 80p for these three mascaras. Big kisses to P&O and the triplets.
Okay le Pharmacie time. I could have spent so much but refrained and purchased only a few things as my euros were to make memories not life the entire french economy with my excessive skincare purchases.
Avene
Now this french brand is available in the UK, easily accessible in Boots but these are extra-value-oversized-will-last-me-ages-but-for-a-fraction-of-the-price avene products.
I grabbed this 400ml Cold Cream for just under 10 euros.
I've never used a cold cream other than the one by Pond's so I look forward to trying this. It says its non-comodogenic meaning it's fine for acne prone skin. It's very rich making it good for dry sensitive skin. It's so gentle in terms of its pH balance that it can be used daily and also, on the body.
Next I grabbed this duo.
I love micellar waters and what they do and how they feel even on the most sensitive skin. This duo cost 16€90 giving me 800ml of product. This micellar lotion is a cleanser and make-up remover for sensitive skin. I've yet to try it but will do a first impressions post as soon as I rip off the plastic.
Caudalie
Typical. Another micellar lotion - BUT GUYS ITS CAUDALIE. I'm so envious of how accessible Caudalie is in France. This was 8€50 but in the UK costs £8.10 on feelunique.com
This smells amazing - I started using it straight away as this is my first Caudalie purchase ever - the beauty elixir is next due to constant recommendations! I find this formula moisturising as well as deep cleansing. It smells so fresh with grape extract and camomile - divine!
Bioderma
Now the classic micellar water in the form of Bioderma. I swear no British beauty blogger can go across the channel without leaving with this stuff. I've always used the Sebium formulation but I obption to get the Crealine (pink lid) one this time which is again for sensitive skin. One large bottle (500ml) is normally about 14€/£14.50 on escentual.com but they were doing two 500ml bottles for 19€90 so great value for money. Bioderma is now available in the UK but it is cheaper in France!
If you've tried any other these products let me know! I love reading first impressions and knowing what works, hence why I leave france with so much skincare! Thank god I took a ferry and did not fly as no way could I carry all this liquid onto a plane!
Merci
Love Georgia x






No comments:
Post a Comment