Monday, 22 July 2013

My Top 10 Body Shop Summer Buys

The sun is blazing in the UK and so I thought a summer buys post would be helpful and there's no company I know more about in terms of the products than the Body Shop.

I chose 10 items just because I've found myself using these products up or repurchasing them quite frequently and in the post I'll you lovelies why I love them.



Just a little disclaimer - all these products I bought myself and the body shop is not paying for me to write this post, I just hella love these.

Shall we do a count down today?

STARTING WITH NUMBER 10
Okay I don't have a photo of this one but here is one borrowed from dear google


Its the Peppermint Cooling Foot Spray, which costs £6 and I swear its a multi-use wonder. 
I first bought this for my boyf's smelly feet because the pure peppermint oil which is community fair traded  (CFT) from Norfolk is pure and gets rid of odour. 
It also instantly cools down tired feet and in the summer I love to spray this once or twice on the back of my neck for an instant tingly, cooling sensation. 

IN AT NUMBER 9 
Returning for a limited time only shower gel in Vineyard Peach Shower Gel


This £4 special edition is now back in-stores and I don't know for how long, so get it guys. 
I picked up a few and this smells beautiful if you love Peaches. 
The soap-free formula enriched with CFT honey ensures a good lather and great moisturisation - totally needed by me as the sun tends to leave my skin super dry. The great fruity smell just screams summer time and definitely leaves a gorgeous scent in my bathroom.

BIG AT NUMBER 8
The Almond Milk Body Lotion - this was a sale find and so not available in stores.
But the summer months mean I adore this formula and will repurchase it in either Coconut or Moringa which are scents available in the core range for £8. The milks are also available in travel size for £3!

This is a top summer buy because the milk formula and spray nozzle equals easy application. It can just be spritzed lightly on to the skin and rubbed in quickly so you don't feel sticky or heavy during the day. It is water based and so can be popped into the fridge next to your foot spray to make it chilled and cooling when you moisturise. The quick absorption is a must for me because I despise waiting for my skin to dry. Of course this has no SPF so if outdoors I advise you apply that and then after a shower apply this bad boy to rehydrate any ashy skin. 

LUCKY NUMBER 7
A handbag necessity is the Hand Cleanse Gel - mine is in Satsuma.


This product is £2.50 and comes in an array of scents - coconut, lemon, pink grapefruit, strawbs & mango too. It is perfect for the handbag and is such a must if you use public transport as frequently as I do. You do not need very much to cleanse your hands so it lasts a long time and it sinks in friggin quick so you're not airing your hands out like a weirdo for ages. It says it does not contain triclosan which is an ingredient found in many antibacterial & consumer products - although not hazardous it has been seen to interfere with hormone regulation which is a no-no, I'm moody enough thank you very much world. So this little one has none of that and all the smells of summer. 

ONTO NUMBER 6
The fruitiest spray that smells of tropical goodness - the Mango Body Mist, £7.50


Again this product comes in all the core smells so you can find one to suit your taste. I'm a mango fiend evident from how I have the perfume too. I love this because the light-weight spray smells so good and is actually so long-lasting if sprayed onto clothes as well as skin. I spray it through my hair too just to cover all bases. It has pure mango extract which I think enhances the tropical deliciousness. The only annoyance is that it is in a glass bottle so be careful guys! I just sprayed it, I was talking about it too much and needed a spritz mmm. 

HIGH FIVE FOR NUMBER 5
 Have I talked about this one too much? Its the All in One BB Cream in 03, £12.

This is my third tube! I love this BB cream that is affordable and actually works for my skin tone. You fairest of them all lot look out for the new colour in 00 - perfect for the very fair skinned folk! Love seeing a company diversifying their colour ranges to meet demand - s'what I'm all about. This comes out white and blends in, colour adapting to the natural skin tone, making application effortless and good clear coverage. Infused with CFT Marula Oil this promises moisturisation and no-pore-clogging. The only down side in no SPF so apply an SPF moisturiser first sun lovers!


 SCORE FOR NUMBER 4
The orange-smelling Vitamin C Skin Reviver, £14.
This best seller used to be known back in the day as a Skin Boost and to be honest it does boost & revive. Vitamin C is amazing for brightening skin and improving the appearance of skin. This gives great radiance to you complexion but at the same time smooths out the skin - like it feels SO supple! You apply this over your moisturiser - either just as a skin brightener or even as a primer before make-up as it evens out the skins surface allowing for foundation to adhere to the skin like a dream. Light reflective particles make the skin look luminous and with regular use, I find I don't even bother with make-up as my skin looks so much healthier. 


CLOSING IN WITH NUMBER 3
Another product from my favourite Body Shop skincare range - Vitamin C Daily Moisturiser SPF 30, £12


This little beauty is my facial moisturiser with SPF of choice in the summer time - I like to wear a minimum of SPF 20 on my face in the summer months. With a lot of SPF facial sun screens I find that they don't sink in easily, leave my face washed out and greasy, and they don't give me good moisturisation. This does everything I need. The vitamin C hydrates and brightens my skins. It sinks in quickly and gives me the protection but at the same time the hydration. It contains CFT Brazil Nut Oil so leaves my skin soft but not overwhelmed. I'd definitely ask for a sample of this in store and try it out while the weather is this damn fine!


 NEXT WITH NUMBER 2
Another multi-use product I repurchase over and over again is the Tea Tree Oil, £7



This cult problem can be used to help soothe and heal blemishes but also helps with my itchy insect bites! I swear my skin in a playground for insects when I'm outside so this product is great as its a natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial so will comfort my irritating bites. Additionally, every single time I feel a spot brewing I pop a dab of this on it - its doesn't feel oily although an oil if you get what I mean as it sinks into the skin quickly. The tea tree oil is CFT and organic so is really caring to the skin and should not over dry your complexion. Use sparingly as a little bit goes miles. Trust. This is my love.

HUZZAAAAHHHHHH NUMBER 1
 My final beauty Body Shop Summer Buy is the Lip & Cheek Stain in 01 Rose Pink, £10

This clever dupe of the Benetint Cheek and Lip stain achieves a long-lasting flush of colour and is build-able to create the depth of colour you so truly desire. Red a little extreme? I beg to differ - when we run or get embarrassed or really hot like in the summer we go red right? so red should be the most natural colour to apply the cheeks surely! The logic is there.
I apply this by dab two or three dots to one cheeks and blending with my finger on the apply and along my cheek bone, then do the other cheek. I don't like to the product sit on the skin too long otherwise it will stain and the dots will be visible.
On the lips it makes the lips look edible haha BIBLE - so naturally red and full and healthy! Again layer it up for a long lasting strong red lip base to your fav lippie or lip gloss.

 

I'm loving the summer time
I'm loving fruit and short shorts and top knots - I hope you give these summer buys a cheeky try friends!
And make sure you let me know what summer posts you love to read!

Lots of Love

Georgia
x

BLOGLOVIN' HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment