I started my Christmas shopping early this year i.e. not 10 days before actual Christmas, therefore I thought HELL YEAH I deserve a reward for my great efforts. Excuses galore.
Enjoy!
I went to Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth (opposite Portsmouth Harbour) to a shopping centre full of discount stores and lovely restaurants. I had never been there before and as well as Christmas presents I picked some things up for myself too!
One
Usually £12, bought for approx. £8 (i think)
I have wanted this for ages! But every time I glanced at it at the Clinique counter I walked away, and ended up buying a cheap high street mascara and convinced myself that will do for my lashes. This product though, in my opinion, is totally worth the hype. You can catch the fairest and smallest of lashes. My suggestion - keep the wand when the mascara dries out and continue to use it to lengthen those bottom lashes from root to tip.
Two
£10 but bought for £5
I may not be a Body Shop worker anymore but I still adore the brand and have my particular favourites including their scented candles. This one in Pomegranate and Raspberry is a glorious mixture of fruity and fresh. I adore how these candles come in heavy glass jars which I clean out when the candle can burn no more - these glass tumblers can then be used for storage. I used my last candle to hold all my eye liners and lip liners as shown!
Three
£14 but bought for £7
Another Body Shop favourite of mine is this treatment. This is my 4th box in 4 years as I don't like to apply too many treatments too frequently and I am always trying new products.
I am obsessed with this Vitamin C range and this is something a little bit different. There is a Vitamin C powder with when the white button is pushed is deposited into a Vitamin C solution which has the highest concentrate of vitamin C out of all the products in the range. The catch? This solution is active for 10 days and so the treatment has to be used within this period. This worked wonders on my spot scars and discolouration, evening out my skin tone and adding a healthy glow to my overall complexion. People even commented on my skin last time I used this and thats enough to make me remember a product. Stay committed and apply day&night.
Four
The Body Shop Muslin Cloth
£2.50
So glad to see these back in the Body Shop because they should never have left. The muslin cloth should be the staple in every cleansing kit. Whether using with a hot cloth cleanser, or a facial wash, or even when removing a face mask this organic cotton cloth is the perfect companion. It gently exfoliates your complexion whilst removing make-up and excess sebum/grime. My skin feels so soft and supple that I have a heavy supply of these now. You can throw them in the washing machine after but I cannot promise that the mascara stains will come out!
Five
Usually £10 bought for £7
Two gorgeous colours that I can use everyday and add to my neutrals collection. I don't buy Mac colours because I adore the shades, I buy them because of their range of neutrals, finishes, blendablity and great pigmentation. Phloof! is a frosty, shimmery off-white colour which I think will be a lovely highlight and inner tear duct brightener. Sable is a light bronzy neutral colour with plummy undertones. I think this is a great autumnal colour and also a wearable work colour that would suit pretty much all skin tones! Go have a swatch! I'm going to try to not open these as I need a mac palette to store them in! Let us see how long this lasts.
See! I didn't get too out of hand - I totally stayed controlled and only picked up things that I'd use with absolute certainty.
I love watching hauls and reading about them especially the REALLY big ones; oh and the Primark ones so definitely leave links guys!
Happy autumn! - keep warm and be safe, seeing as its dark by 3pm now.
Love G
x




No comments:
Post a Comment