Monday, 11 November 2013

Autumn Favourites

Something a bit different - a seasonal favourites post.
Products I will 100% be using consistently this autumn.


i think autumnal is my new favourite word.
One.
Eau Thermal Avéne LOTION MICELLAIRE
bought from France available from Boots.



A micellaire lotion that I mentioned in my French post and have finally got round to trying. This is super super gentle and I would totally recommend it to people with sensitive skin. Particularly good for this autumnal season as our complexions are tortured by central heating and battered by blustering British weather. It does not leave my skin dry but does leave it deeply cleansed. As it is so liquid a little goes a long way and I always enjoy a dual product (make-up remover and toner). 

Two.
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
Free sample in Glamour magazine last month, but repurchased at Asos





Never have I found such a lovely eyeliner! It creates such a thin line that I instagram-ed my awe. The felt tip applicator is so easy to use and press again the lash line. Great if you like to line your bottom lash line as you can make it uber thin.

Three.
Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown
Bought from Boots 3 for 2 - ongoing offer 


After defining my brow with a pencil and brushing them through with a clean spooly I set them into place using this brow sculpting mascara. It sets them into place with the colour formula filling any little gap that I've missed! This doesn't smudge unless you full on rub your brows (in which case flakes of the brow gel comes away). As a result your eyebrows don't end up on your forehead nor do they feel overly crispy (unless you full on coat your brows). A little again goes a long way again with this bad boy so don't feel the need to layer this colour all over - let your natural brow hairs create the strong brow look this season with this added oomph.

Four.
Revlon Rich Girl Red Super Lustrous Lipstick
Bought from Boots for £7.49 (also on the 3 for 2)



This red is more orange toned and a lot less bright than the festive reds everyone rocks going into the holiday season. It is autumn technically so why not opt for a burnished, burnt orange like this one. I love the name Rich Girl Red as it does not try too hard but looks dang expensive. It is not frosted and not overly shiny so I adore this just patted on the lip to create a stain of colour. Revlon by far WINS when it comes to high street lippies as they even have SPF 15. 

Five.
Mac Eyeshadow in Mulch
Bought from Mac £12.50


For some reason I have not taken a photo of the actual product but we all know the Mac packaging. Without hesitation I always gravitate to the reedy-brown shimmery autumn leaves colour when I see the stand of eyeshadow pans in Mac. It cannot be helped. This is the dream colour for all eye colours! The pearlescent finish brightens the eye and blends really easily into other darker/lighter colours for that smokey smoulder. 

Six.
Ecotools Airbrush Concealer Brush
Bought from Boots (but not online so here's a feelunique link) for £5.49 - if found in Boots it is also in the 3 for 2.



This synthetic, eco-friendly brush is made of recycled materials and is oh so natural. The bristles are densely packed but soft, so when blending my creamy concealers I am not left with patches or gaps. 
MY CLAIM: The high street combination of the season! This combo is so great that I don't even wear foundation anymore - I just use this bamboo brush and my Maybelline Fit me Concealer, set with a bit of Rimmel Powder. 

Seven/Eight.
Two little extra fav's for the Autumn

Every year I top up this fruity & fresh fragrance. I have such lovely memories when I smell this scent and it is the perfect balance of sweet without being sickly. I miss the candles they used to do in this scent but have the room spray to settle my bitterness.

- Marks & Spencers Beaded Collar
This is no longer in stock as my mama bought it in the sale for me but there are some gorgeous ones in store at the moment. A collar in a silver (my colour preference in all jewellery) can be worn with shirts and dresses to add a little extra sparkle. I love a collar when I am wearing flats as they make your outfit feel a lot more formal. Investment!


What are your Autumnal favs ?
I hope I have got the word autumnal stuck in your vocab - so much so that it is all you say until the season is smothered in SNOW.

Love G
x



2 comments: