Monday, 6 January 2014

BEST OF 2013 #2 - Premium Skincare Brand

Clarins

A brand that is recognised by a range of ages and suitable for so many skin types.
2013 opened my eyes to some incredible products that are more premium, but have quickly become apart of my every day skin care regime.


Timeline of my Clarins relationship
Early 2013 - Samples, beauty flash balm and a toner
July - Pore Minimiser and a Gentle Melt Cleanser
September - I went to a Clarins event and won an amazing prize (a lot of full size products) including lots of best sellers for me to fall in love with.

Favourite Products


This is amazing and something I highly recommend if you desire a glowing complexion.
After you've cleansed, toned and moisturised apply this to your skin without rubbing it in - yes it does look a bit peculiar but trust the Clarins masterminds. Now follow with your normal make-up. In the photo below I literally have just concealer, lippie and bronzer on - I feel that it makes my skin look so much healthier.




I love the strange and wonderful but effective ingredients in the Clarins' skin care range. The key ingredient in the Truly Matte Pore minimiser is Alpine Willow Herb.
This nifty thing helps to reduce the appearance of large pores which us oily/combination skin owners possess. It is also lightweight, refreshing to the skin and for me, gentle! It is not as harsh as tea tree which I do still love, it is more purifying and I love the feeling it leaves to my skin.

3. Gentle Exfoliator 
A LIQUID EXFOLIATOR - yes you read correctly ;)


This exfoliator is suitable for so many skin types as it is truly gentle.
I find it leaves my skin glowing and smooth AND you apply it like a toner which is awesome.
Exfoliation is so important and my new years resolution is to remember to scrub appropriately (once-twice a week) and look after my skin more by drinking more water! Here's to a good skin year! (I'm so going to wake up with a spot tomorrow)


This is a Clarins fragrance that doubles as a treatment. I love duo products and to be honest, I did not even realise that Clarins sold fragrances so it is also a great 2013 find!
The notes are floral (Jardins means garden after all) and are combined with essential oils & plant extracts. This fragrance contains beneficial ingredients such as blackcurrant bud extracts which soothes, softens and moisturises the skin too.

5. Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

Finally a product which I can only describe as a heritage product as it is one of Clarins' classics.


The Clarins oils are beautiful.
I really could leave it there, but just a little more notation for you intrigued readers. Clarins do a range of treatment oils - this one in particular is for dehydrated skin. It comes with a handy pipette and 2-3 drops is plenty for the whole face. I like to use it at night and warm the oil in my hands before pressing gently onto my complexion. It leaves my skin shiny but after a while my skin drinks the oil up!
CURE for our faces which are currently enduring storms, central heating and pollution on a daily basis in the UK. 

Go to Clarins. Book a consultation. Grab up some samples and go from there. 

2014 is going to be a good skin year - I know it.


Love G
x




No comments:

Post a Comment