Sunday, 29 June 2014

June Favourites 2014

Hi Everyone,

I am super excited as I have just got home from IMATs London 2014 with a massive bag (or two) of treats! I cannot come to terms with the money spent just yet, so I thought I'd do a favourites post first to numb the pain. I have been loving a range of products and colours this month and am enjoying developing my look with different tones and colours.
Please share your favourites and click READ MORE!

I am going to do this a little bit backwards so something non-cosmetic, fragrance, then MAKE-UP.


So I have been working at Philips now for 10 months and enjoying exploring health, beauty and wellness from a different perspective - electrical style.
Using an Oral-B beforehand I could really tell the difference between the performance and results - the sonicate is quiet, effective and the battery life is amazing. I love the mini brush heads as it feels like I am cleaning each tooth individually.

CLICK THE PRODUCT TITLE AS THEY ARE 50% OFF IN BOOTS NOW (29/6/14).


 2. Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Cologne
My boyfriend is a good listener and this fell on my lap for my 22nd birthday back in January, I have been holding off using it because I was so in love with my Coco Mademoiselle at the time. However now, I can proudly say this is my summer scent. A Jo Malone cult favourite for one very good reason - it smells heavenly.


 I did not know what to expect with this moisturiser as I did something I never do - bought it on a whim. I am researcher when it comes to purchases, however when my boots card provided me with a £3 off voucher on L'Oreal skincare and I genuinely needed something, I thought WHY NOT. This multi-protection moisturiser is for a combination skin and it surpassed anything I could have dreamed. I use this day and night currently as it is not breaking me out and it really is controlling my oily t-zone. My make-up sits splendidly and lasts - bonus!


4. The Body Shop Tea Tree Flawless BB Cream
The summer brings out my oily skin a lot faster in the day - enter BB cream. This new addition to the BB cream range in The Body Shop smells fantastic (if you like the scent of Tea Tree) and shade 3 is perfect for my skin tone - there are 2 lighter shades available. I find it blends really nicely and offers a medium coverage. Just avoid the eye area - after all its Tea Tree!


Alike to the Rocket, I have heard very mixed reviews for the remix version of the Falsies - Big Eyes. A double ended mascara which has a nice thick, bendy brush for the top lashes and a incey-wincey wand (not Clinique bottom lash small though) to capture all your little bottom lashes. I love this - it makes my lashes fan out beautifully and I don't get panda eyes or clumps. I push the little bottom lash brush against the base of my top lash line for extra lift!




6. Nars Creamy Concealer in Caramel
I caved.
If you have not heard of this concealer through the bloggosphere you have permission to read more blogs because this baby is everywhere. AND its sold out pretty much everywhere - little ole Space NK in Guildford had a tasty little stash though and so I caved.
Long-wearing, thick without being heavy, blendable, smooth, brightening - all these words epitomise this concealer.

My parents and I had a little road trip to Calais last month to buy booze, french goodies and I hit Sephora in ole Citi-Europe! BEST IDEA EVER.
With holiday in mind the MUFE Aqua range never fails to disappoint with their eyeliners, F&B foundation and aqua brow gel firm favs of mine. This is a great long-wearing eyeshadow stick with no shimmer, making it perfect for defining my lash line, smoking out my neutral looks and wearing to work with no creases. Great formulation and Sephora ship worldwide!


Sephora hit number 2 - holiday in mind once again (I went to Spain with some girlfriends) I opted for a bright orange, this is ultra pigmented and when away I patted this on the apples of my cheek for a glowy flush of colour. 


 (left: Sephora Lipstick in Carnival, right: AquaMatic Eyeshadow stick)

I hope you enjoyed my favourites this month, please share with me your favourites.
The nail polish I am wearing in the photos throughout is from Kiko's Denim Collection.

Love 
G x




2 comments:

  1. Wooow you got a lot of new stuff. I am really interesting in Maybelline mascara...
    Nika x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nika! you should wait until you see my upcoming IMATs haul! The Rocket mascara is still my fav, but I like this one too! Let me know if you try it.
      Georgia x

      Delete