Look at me keeping to my "instead of procrastinating I am going to blog" new year's resolution. *pats self on back* I am not one to be so all over the place but I am still feeling festive and care-free - this should last only a few more days seeing as I go back to the University of Birmingham a week on Monday, on my 21ST BIRTHDAY. My loan is going to seem like a MASSIVELY over due birthday present and we both know what I shall be spending it on.
Mascaras are an item many can't live with out: they can add definition, volume and brighten the eyes by making them appear wider. I personally always choose black but have dabbled with browns and blue hues too. When I was younger my mum would not let me wear a lot of make-up but could use a clear mascara; which now makes a fabulous brow gel - thanks mum.
My favourite high-street mascara is REVLON GROW LUSCIOUS BY FABULASH MASCARA in black costing £9.99 [but UK readers, Revlon is always on offer in Boots]. I am onto my third one of these babies - it gives me fuller lashes and I do not know if it is the advertising, commercial psychology of it all, but I actually do believe it has help my lashes grow.
My favourite "investment" more high end mascara HANDS DOWN is the ESTEE LAUDER PROJECTIONIST HIGH DEFINITION VOLUME MASCARA in black, sold in the UK for £19.50
I know there are so many beautiful mascaras available and for some weird reason, I swear the market in the UK take advantage of a woman's need for mascara because they can be VERY pricey - more expensive than a foundation or concealer at times - so this one I get when I go through duty free. It adds great length to my flimsy eye-lash stubs and separates them and adds volume - everything in my one little tube.
The factor these two mascaras share is that they both take a good while to dry out. The very first time I tried Projectionist was one of these sample size ones you get in "Free Gifts with Purchase" and I used this for months hoping and praying it was not going to dry out quickly....it didn't WINNING.
Okay, so these are my favourite 2 mascaras.
Today I bought the Dior Show New Look [rrp £23] one as Boots (evidently where I spend most of my days) had this little offer. This is a synthetic plastic brush which I usually despise so I will update you guys on this. I think actual brushes are a lot gentler on the lashes and also provide better volume which is my desired attribute in a mascara.
Now for some Mascara Tips
1) Never pump your mascara wand - this will dry out the mascara and can cause bacteria to quickly multiply
2) I know we are all guilty of doing it but try not to SHARE mascaras
3) For all you people who are criminal blinkers, get your mirror or compact and place it flat on a table - look down into it when you apply your mascara as this minimises blinking (same goes for eye liner)
4) Minimise clumping by wiggling the wand through your lashes in a criss-cross manner and also, try not to leave too long between coats.
5) You do not have to do it but I always use a waterproof on my bottom lashes just because I really do not like panda eyes.
6) Don't have eye lash curlers? or cannot be bothered? When your lashes are nearly dry simply push & wiggle them slightly up with your finger GENTLY PLEASE! this gives a little lift
[Lucky Number] 7) When removing your mascara soak a cotton pad in eye make-up remover, hold over the eyes and then sweep away the product. Try not to rub at them as this encourages premature wrinkles and sore eyes - remember your eye area should be handled delicately as your eyelids have the THINNEST skin (i got this right in a pub quiz last month) alike to tissue paper. HANDLE WITH CARE.
I know I have not shared lots of mascaras with you guys but I feel set in my ways - I have made a few recent purchases some of which I REGRET. I hate wasting money :/
Please share with me some of your favourites, regrets and tips?
And now back to the EU
Love G x




No comments:
Post a Comment