Whether highstreet or high end there are a wide spectrum of colours, textures and effects lipsticks can create and I LOVE THAT!
I am going to share a few of my lipstick favourites - notice no MAC lipsticks feature because although I love many MAC lipsticks I did not bring any back from university which I guess is a sign that what I'm loving now is a little bit different. Maybe MAC lippies will be a future blog post.
Anyways I am getting distracted
These are all the lipsticks in my Make Up bag at the moment: notice the festive reds!
1) This is a great red if you want something really bright! Vibrant and vivid it is great for evening wear or if you're a "dare devil" for the day time too whey, see what I did there! I lost my first one on a night out and HAD to go buy a new one. No.7 have a great nail polish to match called Pillar Box too!
2) This is one of my newer lipsticks its a lot sheerer than the textures I usually go for and great for both blondes and brunettes alike introducing themselves to brighter tones. The purpley-blue hues are so different and I love it.
3) My favourite bright lipstick - purchased when bright pinks were the"it thing" I'd layer this up for a strong pink or if you want a mellower tone pop it in the middle of your lips and blend out with your finger!
4) Barry M Lip paint is a cheap and long lasting lipstick - I heard all the rage of number 101 or something which was far too pale for me and made me look ridiculous! That nude may be great for fair skin tones but for those who want a bit of colour and want a "naturally pinky browny nude" if you will, this is lovely
5) I love this - I feel lovely and Parisian when i wear it as its a classic red for everybody if you fancy the splurge. INVESTMENT BUY ALERT
6) I think Garnet is a beginner red - it was my first red and twas my mother's as well. Its a darker tone red and when blotted looks very natural.
7) This was my first estee lauder purchase ever! I tried so many of them on I remember and I had read blogs about Crystal Baby but again that did not suit my skin tone as much as this pink! Its sheer but not very long lasting because it is a glossy texture, but the packaging is so cute I don't mind getting it out again and again to reapply it!
8) LOVE for this lipliner is a total understatement! I use this as a base for my red lippies and use it on its own as well as it dries matt! PERFECT! It glides on and lasts for ages! I will repurchase this without a doubt again and again
I love lipsticks and I feel that it is SO important for you guys to try on lipsticks before buying them. Just because we sometimes forget that the pinky/browny colour of our natural lips can change the colour of lippies in their bullets. You could always dab concealer on your lips or brush over foundation residue from your foundation brush as a base to counteract this colour change and get the true colour!
I am a huge lover of lipsticks; what lipsticks do you guys love? Have you tried any of these and can anyone tell me which Barry M one I have? Any lip looks you want me to demonstrate?
Love.x

.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment