Hey guys!
Okay so one of my favourite sorts of videos that I love to watch on YouTube are Favourites videos - it is like a collection of reviews and unlike hauls (which I also love) the products have been tried and tested.
SO it looks like a lot of products - eleven in all, but being my first ever favourites I feel that I have a lot to share about myself, in terms of what I love to use and what catches my eye on the market at the moment.
I have not posted in a while due to dissertation pressures however this has meant that I set in to a routine purely because I needed to get to university and back without faffing about. So these products were used repeatedly because they suited my current lifestyle, how my skin feels at the moment and my fluctuating levels of laziness.
Nails:
On my nails I have been wearing No 7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour in Thunderstorm. It is a indigo-grey finish and I used a cheeky No7 voucher so it was only a couple of pounds instead of the usual 7. It is clearly a popular colour at the moment as I went into work last week and my colleague (who is actually a free-lance make-up artist) had the exact same colour on! If it is good enough for a pro like her it is definitely good enough for me. I think it is a newer colour and I found it to be pretty long lasting with two coats.
Skin:
1. Biore Fighting Ice Cleanser
This is an amazing facial wash, nothing like any thing else I have ever tried. I tried applying it without water as I wanted to see how it developed on my skin, when I washed it off my skin was that good kind of "ooooh yea I'm clean" level of clean. Felt so fresh its like Febreeze for my face! Specifically for blemished skin and I genuinely feel everything that is written on that pump-bottle is true.
Fighting blemishes CHECK
Icy and invigorating COLD AS IT
Removes make-up CLEAN AS A WHISTLE.
2. Natrulift discontinued NOW CALLED POMEGRANATE toner
From a previous post you guys know the Bioderma I have been using is for my combination-oily skin, however recently, I dunno whether it is due to stress or hormones, but my skin has been feeling dry. And I found this toner to be great for nourishing my dry patches. It smells divine and also has anti-ageing qualities which is a great bonus. It removes make-up well but most importantly my skin feels softened and smooth after using it.
3. Garnier Eye Roll-On
My boyfriend bought me my first one of these because when it first came out I was totally like I HAVE SUCH BAD DARK CIRCLES I BET THAT WILL FIX IT so he got it for me - probably so I'd stop moaning, I guess, either that or he agrees that I have some badass dark circles. This is my second one though, because my man decided he liked the product too.
We are not one of those couples who share CLEARLY and have one each, although I do use his when I stay at his!
I love this product for university guys - no lies but my eyes are always tired these days and although I don't notice my dark circles improving (which this product claims), my puffiness and swelling and sensitivity has definitely improved. Tired eyes feel less sore and that's what I find this product is amazing for.
Make-Up:
1. The Body Shop BB Cream
My valentine's day post number 1 describes my undying love for this product. The colour range is light, medium, dark (only 3 colours) but the colour-adapt formulation means that I can use it all over my face and my hyper-pigmentation still gets sufficient coverage. I do need to powder it but it has actually improved my skin and I find it so easy to use.
2. MeMeMe Blush
STRONG PIGMENTS - such a good high street blush that really gives me natural warmth
3. Topshop Kohl Pencil in Saddle
I fell into the hype of the scandal-eyes eyeliners by Rimmel and yes, they are fabulous but in January I re-kindled my love for the Topshop kohl pencils. I love SADDLE in particular as I can smudge it into my lash-line easily and use the pencil on its own, or I can push eyeshadow on top of the liner for a more dramatic look. The black and navy liners are also boss!
4. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in Big Bang
I adore red and this red punches any other high-street red lipgloss in the face..... and then some guys! The colour pay-off is insane and the smallest amount blotted across the lips as a base ensures the colour sticks.
5.Make Up Forever Face and Body Foundation
I recently went to Sephora in France and managed to get my hands on a new bottle of this foundation. My first bottle I bought in Malaysia a couple years ago, so what I'm trying to say guys is THIS PRODUCT IS WORTH THE MILES. The formulation is a light gel with light coverage. All you need is a pump or two as where the formula is quite loose it blends out very easily. Whenever I use this foundation, my friends tell me my skin looks brighter and natural, like I'm not wearing anything but they see a difference. One of my friends actually DID say that sentence haha! I love a good base and this light coverage is great for the day I find when I want my skin to look good without putting in the man hours for pure flawlessness.
6. Body Shop Lip Colour in Neon Pink
Favourite pink to wear especially layered a bit with my Rimmel Celestial Apocalips Lacquer as the different tones add different dimensions. Basically I have been so lazy with my eyes in January due to tiredness, stress and my eyes watering ...blah blah blah - sooooo its a LIPS MONTH.
7. M&S Bronzer Limited Collection
I have needed some warmth in my skin lately. I know I have an asian background but I do feel pale at times. I feel better with just a bit of this warm-orange toned bronzer blended under my cheekbones and along my temples. I like that this bronzer isn't rammed with big chunks of glitter and flecks but there is a dabble of MILD shimmer.
This is my first favourites guys.
Be Nice
And just a little side list of not favourites per say, but necessities:
- Carmex Lip Balm
- BIG SQUARES of cotton pads
- The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector
- Oral B Electric Toothbrush
Complete.
Look forward to interviews, more v-day inspired blogs and perhaps a fashion dip.
Love G x
Greeeat picks & lovely blog! I am very keen to try the Rimmel Apocolips, but it will take months and months until they are sold here in Australia :(, you're so lucky!
ReplyDeleteashsbeautybag.blogspot.com.au
xo
Awh thank you and they are well worth the wait! Im still on the hunt for the colour Luna! What are must-haves on the australian market at the moment would you say? Feel free to follow me :) x
Delete