Friday, 4 January 2013

Stila Palette - 21st Birthday Pressie!

An early 21st birthday present I received was the beautiful "in the light eye shadow palette" by STILA - which is a compilation of ten matte and shimmer eyeshadows and a waterproof "smudge stick" eyeliner.


The pigmentation of stila eyeshadows have always been a great quality and this palette doe not disappoint. Although I find the colour 'gilded gold' (a rich goldy brown) can create some fall down, it is such a lovely colour that I do not mind - I just ensure to not powder (i.e. set my foundation so I can brush any fall down away) and to use a primer before doing my eye make-up using this palette (this can be a bit of concealer dusted with loose powder, a designated primer like urban decay primer potion or a paint point). 


The colour names shown above are really sweet and represent the palette for what it is: a mix of natural, wearable tones incorporating the theme of light. The matte colours are: bare, bliss (practically invisible on my skin tone so a great base) and sandstone. Some have more shimmer than the other frosty shadows, especially bubbly and sunset. But they all blend together easily and can be mixed. 

NO FLASH

FLASH
To go from day to night with this palette intensify any natural look with the Damsel eyeliner pencil, which does not budge! That little squiggle on my wrist has made quite a mark! And smoke out using night sky, a navy toned shadow rather than a black to create a more dimensional look.
This palette retails for £25 in Boots, hence my amount of gratitude to one of my nearest and dearest Clelia who got it for me! These sorts of colours are right up my street - if I had to be picky and fault it I would say that it could use a big ole mirror inside, but the words of wisdom printed and I assume spoken by Sarah Lucera are too true: "believe in the beauty of the future."
Really fitting for a new year me thinks!

Love and Laughter, G x

No comments:

Post a Comment