Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Those Dark Circles You Hear About



So university is officially in session in Birmingham - hello 9am lectures, overpriced printing costs and cooking for myself. And lets not forget fantastic student housing - goodbye central heating being switched on at any time, I will truly truly miss you.

From a month of being structure-free enjoying the holidays, to being stringent and obeying my timetable
- sometimes at 8am, make-up is not the priority, remembering my glasses and keys is, so this is a blog about how to touch up tired eyes and get going.


First up, when I am in a hurry and tired my skin can be somewhat dry, so instead of a foundation I apply a really good moisturiser (using Pond's Cold Cream at the moment) and then apply concealer/corrector in any problem areas or blemishes. Bobbi Brown is my saviour for concealers, as this product does not crease and lasts all day. I am going to write another blog purely to moan about the lack of colour choice in drugstores/pharmacies. Yes, Bobbi Brown concealers and correctors range from £17-£19 but this is my choice as I want a product that blends into my skin tone otherwise it is pointless me purchasing a concealer at all. The amount I could spend in Boots purchasing concealers one or two shades too light may as well be invested in one that is a true match. I would love to try the collection 2000 one but it is just too darn light!

SOOOO...

I use the Creamy Concealer in Honey and the Corrector is Dark Peach.
Both of these are my second purchases but each pot lasts me 6 months minimum, so as long as I do not lose it, it is totally worthwhile.

Apply the corrector to dark circles - it is more peach toned because on a colour wheel orange is opposite blue/purple, and I tend to get blue discolouration (dark circles) around my eyes. This is also good for any scars I have from post-acne and hyperpigmentation.
The concealer I apply to blemishes and also a little over the corrector where needed.
Warm the product on the back of your hand or between your fingers before application and simply dab using your ring finger, blending well.
TIP: when applying under the eyes blend out onto the skin beyond dark circles for a very natural look, same goes to blemishes.

Tired eyes also require a slick of mascara to open the eyes.
Finally I use a powder highlighter, blending some with my finger across the brow bone tops of my cheek bone and inner corners of my eyes.

This Body Shop Baked to Last Bronzer I love (£16) as it is very natural and pigmented giving a lovely glow. Love using it as an eye shadow too!

If you have time fill in the brows with a pencil - just where any gaps are.

EWWWWWW DARK CIRCLES GALORE

TOUCH UP, NATURAL HIGHLIGHTAND LASHIESSS

Quick for just before university or if you truly cannot be bothered.

LOVE G X

No comments:

Post a Comment