This is a review not of a new product or an unknown product but a classic product that in my eyes is not only underrated but also underestimated.
Introducing my loved, repurchased Pond's Cold Cream:
This is an inexpensive product to have... usually around £5, but if you have a Bodycare (UK) near you they tend to sell it for less than £3, Superdrug (UK) have it for half at the moment as a Mother's Day present idea.
A cold cream was mentioned to me by my mother actually, and then the love of this particular product was emphasised by my close friend Clelia. Basically a cold cream is a rich, intense moisturiser that it used to actually cleanse the face and remove make-up. I tend to use this one at night.
My method, scoop out a dollop with clean fingers and massage directly onto dry, use gentle circular actions to boost your circulation at the same time. This would be great with a facial massager too. Be generous with the product and then using a cotton pad swipe away (do not rub!). If you have some time wash away with warm water and pat your face dry. After I have wiped away the product I follow with my toner, serum/moisturiser. I tend to give the skin a little bit of time to take in the Lanolin-free cleanser immediately after wiping it away.
TIP: if you have a dry skin and wipe away the product but find you get a bit of pull then apply a little bit of your toner to the cotton pad. My skin was excruciatingly a few weeks ago and that technique stopped the cotton pad tugging.
I have a very combination skin and those that tend to have an oily skin shouldn't be scared of this product recommended for ALL skin types. If you have an oily skin, WASH away the product and as this will remove the excess make-up and impurities that may be sitting on the skin - this prevents your pores getting clogged! By no means does it mean that a cream as rich as this is bad for an oily skin!
Oily skins still need a tip top moisturiser. People with dry skin could even use this as like a moisture-mask: after massaging it onto clean skin (rather than using it to remove make-up) let it sit for 15 minutes then wipe away. OH and you could use this as a really rich night cream for those with very dry patches. I've tried it, it worked for me. BUT heads up guys, what works for me may not work for you but I damn well hope it does!
I had a strange little moment when I caught up with Mr Selfridge and this product was mentioned. It made me think this is actually a CLASSIC. Generations of women are familiar with this and the women I know that have used this have cracking skin thats fo sho.
I reckon this is a worldwide product so get on it girls and boys and don't knock something that's been around longer than most of us!
Love G


No comments:
Post a Comment