Sunday, 3 March 2013

February 2013 Favourites


Although it is the shortest month, boy did it feel short. One sixth of twenty thirteen has gone you guys and final exams are creeping in ready to destroy my skin and blow my mind! Let's not go there...instead let's get to the favourites - my favourite thing to post about! Nothing too excited but things I have wanted for ages and thoroughly enjoyed.





1. Pantene PRO-V Normal to Thick Hair Repair & Protect Conditioner

I have the thickest hair in the world. Okay I'm exaggerating but I genuinely do lose bobby pins in my hair and require some strength to tie a top knot in my hair. Recently it has been breaking quite easily and I know it is time for a haircut but I have been putting it off as I have been growing out my full fringe. In Sainsbury's the other day whilst a housemate bought cupcake goodies I saw that Pantene was 50% off so for the XL bottle of Conditioner I paid a little under £2.50. This is lovely and smells divine. There are a lot of different alcohols in this product which did concern me but I only use this once a week to treat my hair in conjunction with the hair mask in this range which I will be doing a separate post about. My hair feels so soft after and gives me that moisture boost I needed.

2. Clarins Daily Energizer Cream

This is only sample size but I am hand on heart going to buy the full size bottle of this product. Its made my skin look so healthy and not left my face shiny at all. This light cream-gel formulation moisturises my combination skin and suitably balances my skin. Beautiful moisturiser for my skin type. Samples are such good inventions!

3. Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Caramel - £8.99

Like many bloggers in the bloggersphere the anticipation for this Revlon foundation has been huge. And it has not disappointed me. It is a light-medium coverage that leaves the skin healthy looking and bright. More coverage can be built and it is so easy to blend as Caramel is a little bit darker than my skin tone but I cannot tell as it still leaves the skin glowing. It has SPF 20 which is lovely and comes in a cute glass bottle. 
The formulation is very liquid so don't do what I did and pour without looking because it'll come rushing out like a stream! 

4. Nutriganics Drops of Youth by The Body Shop - £22

I have had this for a while but only recently started using it as although my skin is combination I somehow got some dry patches recently which I wanted to sort. This product did it. It is like a serum, so I have been using it before I moisturise and comes with a pipette applicator so you do not use too much I guess. It has 99% of ingredients from natural origin with 20% of total ingredients from organic farming and approved by ECOCERT. Active ingredients include babassu oil, mallow flower and thyme. I have found its left my skin smoother and has worked in conjunction with my moisturiser to leave my skin more healthy looking. Although I still do get blemishes here there and everywhere, I have found although rich it does not aggravate them or encourage more to join the party.

5. Mac Lipstick in Girl About Town - £14

I love bright pinks. Enough said. No, but seriously this is a beautiful pink that even blotted on just makes my make-up as a whole look more warm and bright. Its an Amplified lipstick so has strong pigmentation and although dear, it has been one of the products I have wanted for a while. The thing with Mac lipsticks is to choose wisely and to make sure you try them as I always want my money's worth and have stupidly bought lipsticks in the past that just do not suit my skin tone or is a finish that I do not enjoy.


6. All in One Cheek Colour in Macaroon by The Body Shop - £8

Again, I love my peachy pink tone blushers and in search of a matte one, I did not have to look far as the Body Shop one is magnificent. Although a matte finish, it has a creamier texture than many powders which can feel, well, powdery. This one is infused and enhanced with Marula Oil which makes it lovely to blend on the cheek bones and I think this one in particular will be perfect for spring time.



7. Maybelliene FIT ME Concealer in 35 - £6.99

See my initial thoughts on this product here. I have used this pretty much everyday since purchase simply because it matches my skin tone, it blends out perfectly and the formulation is dense enough to cover without looking too cakey. New drugstore concealer favourite!

8. Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 004 Black Brown - £2.99

My brows have been relying on this product consistently. I have always used powder because I thought it to be more natural looking but this pencil is lovely for strong brows that can be brushed out to look more natural. I love definition in the brow at the moment, I blame cara delevingne

9. Topshop Eyes eyeshadow brush - £4

Perfect if you appreciate just a wash of colour across the lid for daywear. I have enjoyed bright lipsticks recently so do not play up my eye makeup as much. This brush enables me to just have a wash of colour that is sheer.

10. Revlon Custom Eyes Palette in 020 Naturally Glamorous - £7.99

Okay, they have this product in Boots but I cannot find it online, so I am thinking soon to be discontinued? Well if that is the case Revlon, you guys are crazy because this palette is a saviour. With a spectrum of wearable shimmery browns from warm to cool tones, this is great for smokey, simple and washes of colour. The darkest brown is great to add definition to the eye. I particularly love the bronze colour. 

11. MUA Intense Colour eye liner in Forest Green - £1

Gorgeous green that I love to wear on its own especially when I wear my glasses!



what are you favourite products at the moment?

Love G x

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower and your blog is fantastic!
    I also blog and just put up a February Favorites post, as well!
    www.beautywithin-2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete