Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Beauty Haul #1

I would not call this a haul but my dissertation melt down did cause me splurge a little and take advantage of numerous offers. Many spring time collections are out and spring/summer colours are all over the stalls making it irresistible - well to me anyway!






This is a collective haul hence why the candle has been used a little bit!


All the products are still pretty new to me so I am yet to test any of the lip products except the stain which is really pretty but I'm not keen on the smell. Here are a couple swatches of the colours I chose:
 The pink is the Cheek Magenta, the middle is the Stain and the right swatch is the lip butter.

I hold my hands up I bought the lip butter because of miss essie button! Its really gorgeous even for darker skin tones and I think I may even layer it with the stain to make it extra long lasting and CORAL!

I have tried the Bronzer and it is beautiful for £2.99, its not too shimmery and the darker shade is really good for my skin tone. Normally with cheaper bronzers the colour pay off is not great, but this bronzer really surprised me and I can see it entering the makeup bag............now.


Now I have been looking for a new liquid eye-liner for a long time but everything is felt tip, marker or gel at the moment so I caved and tried this L'Oreal extra black marker eyeliner. And I am so impressed! I wore it all day and it did not smudge and although a marker I got a nice thin line from it. BYE PANDA EYES.

The two products from the body shop include a candle, which I LOVE and a perfume! The candles are always out of stock so I had to get my hands on it when I saw they were back in. The scent is lovely and after you've blown it out it linger for some time. The perfume has a beautiful scent if you like the smell of mangoes quite frankly. The range released has nearly all the scents the body butters come in so it is a great extra to build a long-lasting scent and its reasonable at £8.50 for 30ml.

The wipes I picked up using a No.7 voucher. I get on with these wipes which is a bonus and have a pack at mine, my parents, my boyfriends and in my tote bag, so whats one more pack?

Finally, my favourite product has to be the new Garnier Moisture Match Lotion. Now I was annoyed because in boots/superdrug there were no testers, so I was familiar with the 5 types of formulation but I do like to try out the formulations to see if I like the texture/smell. So I picked this one up on a whim. The Normal Skin illuminating light lotion is the only moisturiser range with an SPF - SPF20 to be precise. And although I have a combination skin this said it was a light lotion so I thought its should be fine. I love it so far as it really does leave my skin soft and not overly shiny. It has a light scent of lemon which I do not mind and has not broken me out. LOVELY JUBBLY.

 The highstreet should not be underestimated this year! There are so many beautiful colours and formulations out that I'm 100% certain that there is something for each and everybody.

Anyone else had a spring/summer time splurge yet?

Love G

PS. don't forget to follow me on twitter! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment