Tuesday, 26 March 2013

New Love: Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede

Hey everyone! Long time no blog!
You know that moment when you walk past Boots and see ALL make up is on the 3 for 2 mix and match offer AND Revlon have a new product out? Yeah, that guys is called a good day.

The Revlon Colo(u)rstay Lipsticks are a range I was not aware about until yesterday. Rumours have it not due to release for another few months (don't quote me on that) so it was a well accepted surprise.
The Lipsticks come in a range of colours from reds to oranges, pinks, purples and plums allowing for a range of women to find a suitable match. I'm not sure how many will be launched in the UK and when but in the US there are twenty different shades.
I picked up two:
IT Girl - a nude, baby pink and Finale - a vibrant red.

Now in America, who get these products first there have been some quite poor reviews. I was unaware of this as I bought them on a whim but today I tested their "claims" out as I journeyed from Birmingham to Essex for Easter Break. Oh and by the way guys THE DISSERTATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED! scary times.

The claims this lip colour make are that it is food-proof, long-wearing hence colorstay and moisturising as it contains shea butter and aloe. 

BEFORE

AFTER

I chose to use Finale today as I did not want to wear much make up. This bright red I felt would be enough to perk up my skin alongside just a slick of mascara.
I found it is nice to apply it with some lip balm as although moisturising when first applied, the more I ate/drank the more drying it became. I did find that this lip colour was pleasantly long-lasting. I found I did not have to reapply and I found that the colour had lasted pretty evenly on my lips! Yes the lipstick does fade but not as quickly as my lip butters or standard high street lip shades
So aside from the moisturising front this lipstick surpassed my standards as the colour pay-off is just as I'd expect of a Revlon lippie.


I had to remove Finale with some waterproof eye-makeup remover (Body Shop). Little bit hard to remove but a face wipe (No 7) will do the job too.
This is how IT Girl looks on my lip tone:



I think this colour will be lovely for spring, heck most of them will. At £8.99 in boots it is more expensive that you'd expect but whilst on 3 for 2 I'd snap up some brights before they go. 

Apologies for my lack of blogging the submission of that dissertation was followed by a long weekend of big eats and big sleeps!

Who else loves Revlon?

Love G x


No comments:

Post a Comment