Right I have a substantial perfume collection at home and it has been building at university too, from Jimmy Choo to Hollister, scents are personal. Top notes are what clinches us and bottom notes ensure we linger and smell familiar to those closest to us. We associate scents with feelings and occasions, and wear different scents at different times of the year.
Here are the scents I have in my University home at the moment:
Now I range from:
Musky Scents -
The exclusive Amber Oud perfume available in the Body Shop during sale periods or on Ebay
Classic Scents -
Bought in the airport as I cannot in any way justify the price of this perfume -
Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml which in Debenhams is £95 but I think it was a little over £60 in duty free. This perfume needs no explanation in terms of fresh, fruity, floral and musky. The bottle is beautiful and the EDP lasts all day.
Fruity scents -
1) The peachy Naomi Campbell 3 L'Imperatrice scent for Dolce & Gabbana which at £39 for 100ml is amazing.
2) Mango EDT by The Body Shop retailing at £8.50 for 30ml - sweet sweet mango! Now I was not keen on this to begin with as the first spray is very strong but as it settles, the sweet light notes of mango last without being too overwhelming. No tinned fruit smell here.
3) I constantly repurchase Hollister Solana Beach Mist which although £12 a bottle is always on offer like buy 2 for £15 or something. The notes of sweet vanilla, fruity raspberry and subtle white musk makes it addictive and easy to liberally spray yourself head to toe and maybe the linens too! The packaging has changed so it no longer looks like the one photographed.
Floriental scents -
I loved the model for this advert and thats what made me want to smell it, buying it in a Christmas box set saved me some dollar and I have actually fully finished this 50ml beauty: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia EDP is £55 for 50ml and possesses a delicate mixture of jasmine, lemon and floral. This mixture is incredible and unlike any scent I have had the pleasure of using.....everyday.....for academic year 2011-2012.
Signature
Okay and now 2 perfumes not photographed due to having them in other people's houses like the clever soul I am (I always forget to spray perfume):
1. The original Jimmy Choo perfume which I wanted before it was released and have worn it ever since. This is the perfume I would say is my current signature scent. Its sweet, warm, strong and beautiful with a feminine bottle to complete. One I can see wearing for a long time and I think it will still go strong through spring.
2. My previous signature scent was Calvin Klein Euphoria for Her EDP . I stopped wearing this during college mainly because every boy had an ex-girlfriend who wore it or knew someone who wore it. Now exclusivity with scents is never a guarantee but I did not want to generate bad memories for my boy mates who familiarised the scents with past relationships. AWKWARD to say the least. Still a gorgeous scent, and one I have worn since I was 13. I was due a change but I go back to it frequently because I cannot get enough of the musky amber and floral notes!
I will post at a later date the Essex perfumes housed in my humble family abode so subscribe to know about my posts first.
I hope this just shows how I am a open person. I like so many smells and it totally is dependant on my mood and my fancy.
How do you choose your scents?
What is your signature smell?
Love G x

No comments:
Post a Comment